Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Tower of Treats

Those of you who have been following my blog for a while may remember that I gave my Granny a scrapbook for her birthday and was going to make some extra pages dfor her Christmas present.  Well here they are.........oops I didn't have time (again) so I went for a compromise and have done a shadow box as a gift instead. 



I think its called a shadow box because when you take a picture half the inside is in in shadow!  So here it is without the box.  Papers and embellishments by Cosmo Cricket -  Jitterbug with co-ordinating background from stash.  The picture is of my Granny and Grandad when they first met - she's the one on the left) at a holiday camp on the isle of wight.  The other 2 girls are her friends.


I wanted to give Granny something else too but she is so hard to buy for - she's 85 next year!  So I decided to make her up  hamper of all the things she liked.  I didn't have a basket though and didn't have time to buy one as Mum is taking the presents doewn to Ipswich tomorrow so I hit upon the idea of a "tower of treats"






Golly that ribbon tying was hard but we got through it and I'm very pleased with the result - let's hope she is too.  The boxes were bought from Home Bargains (where else) a few months ago and were £1.99 for 6 (I've got 2 small ones left over) and the ribbon was from my stash.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a thoughtful present, im sure she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of presents, you are so thoughtful x

    ReplyDelete

Voting