Saturday 24 April 2010

Completed Layout from Craft Den Scrapbooking Class

Before going on holiday I managed to make it to the Thursday night scrapbook class at the craft den.  I'd love to make the classes more often but struggle with childcare. 
Lynne came up with this design for us to work with.  If we'd have been at school I would have been in the remedial class, struggling with the pearl pens, messing up paper, etc etc but thanks to Lynne I came away with a nealy fnished page. (and a template for that lovely concertina butterfly.  The background paper is plain - we made the pattern using a doily and some tim holtz distress inks.  Will be trying that again just as soon as my inks arrive from the US.
I completed it today and it now has pride of place on my mantelpiece.  The only extra I've added is the heading - because I chickened out of journalling again.  It's taken from a Cosmo Cricket Strip-tease from the Gretl range.


The picture is of my darling boy aged about 3 and he's actually trying to catch a bubble.  I loved the Martha Stewart punch so much that I've asked my friend to buy me one from America.  The pearls on the swirls are made with a Viva Pearl Pen which would have been my favouritest thing n the workd if I hadn't just taken delivery of my cricut expression.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I can see why this has pride of place on your mantlepiece, it's gorgeous you have inspired me to dig out some of the pics of my kids when they were little only hope I can do a page half as lovely as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - absolutely stunning. I just love everything about it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous page, and what a great pic of "& son". Glad to see you made it home in one piece too BTW. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is stunning and what a beautiful story xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful page, a lovely layout. FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is loverrly.. the colours are bril and the flowers and butterflies are wow!!! ... :D Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous. I love seeing them all finished. L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lynne - it has pride of place in my kitchen (framed in one of your 12x12 frames obviously!)

    ReplyDelete

Voting