Wednesday 5 May 2010

WOYWW Compare and contrast

I had very good intentions last week (don't we all) and took my WOYWW pics but then never got time to blog them.  So this week I had a cunning plan.  I was forced offline for a couple of days due to a fault on my modem and decided to make good use of my time yesterday evening by tidying my desk so I could do a compare and contrast from one week to the next.  Sadly, I forgot that I needed to finish off some invitations today so you can't actually tell the difference.  Hey-ho - I know it was tidy yesterday and that's got to be worth something
Last Wednesday

This Wednesday

So on my desk today I have some (finally)  completed invitations for my Granny's 85th birthday party.  This is my first batch of invitations (and possibly my last) and I've learnt a lot of lessons on the way.
Lesson 1 - don't get stranded in Germany due to the Icelandic volcanic ash thus severely reducing the amount of time you have available.
Lesson 2 - Plan.  Even if you are short of time it's worth the effort - I think I was finally happy with my design around invitation 25 (of 27).
Lesson 3 - If you accept help from a 9year old boy, you will not have straight edges.  Get over it, it's not that important.
Lesson 4 - don't trust glue runners that you bought from a euro shop. 
Lesson 5 - it's worth saving those little pieces of paper - most of the matting on the invites is from off-cuts.

Anyway. they're done now - teabag cards because it's an afternoon tea party



The teapot stamp is from craftwork cards, the cakes cut from sweet treats cricut cartridge and all those teapots have been coloured in hand.

Better dash - I have envelopes to address, a birthday card (that's already late) to make, a get-well card to make, a house to tidy and a presentation to write before I go to bed. 

25 comments:

  1. wow this week's photo is alot different from last week's, so cool!!!! love those cupcake cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting your invitations done! They look fabulous!
    hugs
    Michelle
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your invitations are absolutely fantastic, fabulous idea. Well done. I bet your granny is thrilled with them.

    I have to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one with a big desk and a tiny space to work in! Your first picture could be my desk. When I run out of room I chuck everything on the bed behind me (my craft space is in the guest bedroom in the loft).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab invitations Louisa - I am sure your Granny will appreciate the hard work and effort you have put into making them.

    Good luck with your presentation for your bosses job. I can only sympathise with you sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are excellent lessons - for life as well as art! And the invitations are going to be ooh'd and ahh'd over. They're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your invitations Louisa and am very pleased to see another desk similar to mine (last Wednesdays! not this) Good luck with the presentation - hope you get the job x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty invitations ! See you next week ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your invitations. What a work of art. I'm sure they will be treasured by all who get one.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant invites! Gosh all that work! Well done. I think all crafters are guilty of having a large desk with only a 6"square to work in lol. Good luck with the job too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a difference!
    The invitations look great.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a busy work station .I think your invites are sooo cute.Hope you had good wednesday didnt get round all yesterday to doing catch up today.
    Have a great thursday
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to Grandma - she will love to know such gorgeous invites went out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic invites, hope your Granny enjoys her day. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - you have been busy and still so much to do!! They look gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are absolutely brill...I love 'em.. the teapots are loverrly.. as for your desk, mine definitely looks like the before foto.. Idon't thinl it has ever looked like the after foto... :D Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how fab are they! And there's a clear difference between this week and last week's desk pics..no doubt when you're doing multiples it does hlep to have some order. Love the list of lessons learned....I couldn't agree more about number 2 and 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your invitations are fabulous and WOW ... your desk certainly has had a transformation ... Loving this before and after look too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your invitations are brilliant and so worth all the effort you put into them. I bet lots of them will be saved as a memento of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow such a busy desk! and a very creative one, LOVE it! I adore those cupcakes!

    love your blog name, thats my sisters nickname!

    have a great week, hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry!I'm sooo late! oh wow!! your have been soooo busy! Love your invites, 'specialy with cup cakes!! (note to self, I must draw cup cakes!!) Have a great day
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the two pictures with contrasting desks. I'm working to organize mine in time for Wednesday! :^) patsy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry I have just got to you ....Those are brilliant invites ...love the theme. I have just read the above post and hope your gran is alright

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely disorganised desk. That's what I like to see. And those invites are lovely, especially the hand-coloured teapots. Well worth the extra effort. I hope Grandma has a great party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your invites are fantastic even though you were pushed for time. Your lessons made me smile and it's great that you had a helped on hand. I think someone should invent a crafters time machine so we can all get to the end of our ever growing lists. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Voting