Sunday 13 February 2011

NEWSFLASH! Mojo Returns! Part 1

This project has been on my desk since about October of last year.  I'd be lying if I said it was half finished then.  I printed the photo, bought the frame, took out the glass.... and then left it for 6 months.  Shameful behaviour!

I'm off to visit my Granny at half-term and it was my plan that I was going to give it to her at Christmas.  I'm not sure now whether there is going to be room for it in her room in the nursing home but I'll take it down to show her and see if we can fit it in.  Secretly, I'd be quite pleased if not, as I've fallen for it and already have a space picked out in my lounge.

You'll have seen the picture before if you're a long-time follower - it's of My Granny & Grandad on their wedding day. Do you know what my favourite part of the picture is? - my handsome Grandad is carrying gloves.  I miss him soo much.  He died in 2005.



Originally, I'd planned to cut out lot's of dark red hearts to make a frame but I just couldn't get it to work somehow so I went for plan b - I started with brown wrapping paper (for parcels - from the Post Office) and then cutout some borders from the storybook cartridge on my Cricut.  They're embossed on the cuttlebug (divine swirls) and then I've just a added a bit of card candy to fill the gaps.

I'd like to enter it into the following challenges

Bunny Zoe - love is in the air
Incy Wincy Designs - Love
Ladybugs Crafts - Love is in the Air
Simon Says Stamp - Anything but a card

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful layout Louisa and gorgeous picture. I agree your mojo has returned. Hope you have enjoyed your weekend. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely beautiful Louisa, I love the photo, they look so happy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thing to do, the photo looks even more special. Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI this week. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Louisa...fabulous job! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project - so special
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete

Voting