Wednesday 31 March 2010

Yay! I've got the cricut again

I'm so obsessed with cricut's now - not far enough having saved enough money now to buy my own but luckily I have a good friend who was willing to let me look after hers whilst she is on holiday.  I really wanted to borrow it for cutting out the numbers and letters for the cards below - it's so time consuming to cut them out by hand.
One of my best friends asked me to make these months ago but I've run pretty close to the wire - they're for her Grandad's 90th birthday next week - one from her and one from her Mum.  The brief was simple - hers had to have 90 and Grandad on.  The other should have 90 on it too, preferably with Dad and maybe with some kind of musical theme.

So here they are
Background paper  Bella Boulevard - Sweet Celebration
Shapes cut from 'Sweet Treats' Cricut cartridge (5 inch) using coredinations cardstock.
Alphas by Pink Paislee
Card Candy



Letters and numbers cut from stash leftover paper using cricut 'Winter Woodland) 3 inch numbers and 2.5 inch letters.
Front background coredinations embossed with Cuttlebug 'happy birthday'
Manuscript paper - from stash - left over from my GCSE music (circa 1990)
The music is 'happy birthday - badly done by hand
Balloons by Jolees

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, they are very pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards. Love the colours and textures. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what lovely cards, love the textured look on them. Simple but very effective x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super cards, grandad should be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards. I think it is very kind of you to baby sit the cricut for your friend.. After all, you don't know what mischief it could get up to if left on its own ;) Lovely cards, I bet your friend was made up, not to mention the Grandad, :) Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you getting to borrow a Cricut again! These cards are gorgeous and you're definitely putting it to good use x

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 lovely cards x wish my friends had a cricut i could look after!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards. I love the bottom one, it's fab. x

    ReplyDelete

Voting