Tuesday 24 November 2009

My "Special" Christmas Card

Ok ok I know all Christmas cards are special but I like to make an extra-special card for my Granny as I know how much she enjoys putting her cards out, counting them and showing them to her visitors.

You may remember that I recently made a thank you card using lollipop flowers and I said back then that I wanted to have a go at making a Christmas card the same way.  I've finally got around to it and was so pleased with the result that I had to take it into work just to show it off (I really don't know how they put up with me sometimes!)






So hear it is.  Base card is a trifold with the front double embossed with snowflakes and swiss dots.    I did both because it looked too stark with just one so the snowflakes are underneath with swiss dots on top as they are easier to match as I had to emboss in stages.  The die-cut "Christmas" was from Di's die-cuts and has been embossed with cuttlebug snowflakes.
The "snowballs" across the top of the hills are from a roll of wrapping ribbon tfrom Home Bargains (of course).  The lollipops were 'borrowed' from Costa Coffee because the top of the die-cut Christmas trees was too thin for a standard lollipop stick.  Background is black glitter paper (does anyone know where I can pick up some more without having to pay a fortune for p&p) with a glitter star.

I'm planning on making 2 or 3 more of these for close relatives and friends (just as long as I can find that glitter paper!)

6 comments:

  1. Ooh! This is lovely. Just clicked for a closer look, that double embossing is very effective. I'm no help with the glitter card tjough I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW That is ... cant think of a word so let me say I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one smashing card, your granny will be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful, I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! I love the little snowball pompoms x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this looks so fabulous louisa!!! well done :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Voting